Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [FH] OZ back from vet

Expand Messages
  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Tia, I know this response is a bit slow in coming, but since all his tests are normal I would keep things as they are (no meds) and wait for the vet visit.
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      Tia,

      I know this response is a bit slow in coming, but since all his tests are
      normal I would keep things as they are (no meds) and wait for the vet visit.

      Hooray for you & Oz!!!


      Sue & angel Pepper


      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "kimba44024" <elanonuevo@...>
      To: <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 1:31 PM
      Subject: [FH] OZ back from vet


      > Well, this is a shock! ALL of Ozzie's tests except one came back in
      > the normal range. They've never been normal LOL. If it would be
      > useful, I do know how to scan and link to the list (not sure if
      > that's allowed so I wanted to ask first).
      >
      > His ALT came back high but the vet didn't seem concerned. A quick
      > google of this value suggest that this may signify liver damage, or
      > it also may signify he had a heart attack when he was gone for that
      > time. And if it were genuine liver damage, then it seems this may
      > have been caused by his lack of available protein in food for six
      > weeks?
      >
      > His T4 had to be sent out to a lab, so I won't know those results
      > until next week.
      >
      > His x-ray shows NO fluid build up at all. In fact, the vet said that
      > if she hadn't seen my earlier x-rays of Oz in HF, that she wouldn't
      > have known that he even has HCM. The only thing she saw upon close
      > inspection was that his arteries were a bit dilated.
      >
      > The vet is suggesting that I do not give meds. Now MIND YOU she
      > admits that she is not a cardio and has limited experience with HCM.
      > But after seeing these tests, I am almost inclined to agree with
      > her. Or do you guys think it's just wishful thinking on my part?
      >
      > Of course I will call on Monday to get an echo and cardiologist appt.
      > but it may be a while until I can get in (usually 4-6 weeks). I
      > value all opinions and /or ideas that anyone has on the "to med"
      > or "not to med" question. THANK YOU!
      >
      > Tia (and Oz)
      >
      >
      >
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.