Re: [FH] OZ back from vet
I know this response is a bit slow in coming, but since all his tests are
normal I would keep things as they are (no meds) and wait for the vet visit.
Hooray for you & Oz!!!
Sue & angel Pepper
----- Original Message -----
From: "kimba44024" <elanonuevo@...>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 1:31 PM
Subject: [FH] OZ back from vet
> Well, this is a shock! ALL of Ozzie's tests except one came back in
> the normal range. They've never been normal LOL. If it would be
> useful, I do know how to scan and link to the list (not sure if
> that's allowed so I wanted to ask first).
> His ALT came back high but the vet didn't seem concerned. A quick
> google of this value suggest that this may signify liver damage, or
> it also may signify he had a heart attack when he was gone for that
> time. And if it were genuine liver damage, then it seems this may
> have been caused by his lack of available protein in food for six
> His T4 had to be sent out to a lab, so I won't know those results
> until next week.
> His x-ray shows NO fluid build up at all. In fact, the vet said that
> if she hadn't seen my earlier x-rays of Oz in HF, that she wouldn't
> have known that he even has HCM. The only thing she saw upon close
> inspection was that his arteries were a bit dilated.
> The vet is suggesting that I do not give meds. Now MIND YOU she
> admits that she is not a cardio and has limited experience with HCM.
> But after seeing these tests, I am almost inclined to agree with
> her. Or do you guys think it's just wishful thinking on my part?
> Of course I will call on Monday to get an echo and cardiologist appt.
> but it may be a while until I can get in (usually 4-6 weeks). I
> value all opinions and /or ideas that anyone has on the "to med"
> or "not to med" question. THANK YOU!
> Tia (and Oz)