Re: Quick advice please!

  • Janie
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
      Thats great about OZ. I like his name too. I dont know what he had
      maybe he had DCM? Anyway the echo will tell you the story. Thats the
      main thing to pay for when in doubt. What I found out with people,
      myself as I have DCM, is that if you take beta blockers long enough I
      take coreg which the cats take a dif one it can reverse the damage in
      the heart to make your ejection fraction even normal. In people they
      keep you on the meds as it has not been proven yet to go off them. I
      have taken them 5 yrs and now my ejection fraction is almost normal. I
      also wondered did he lose a lot of weight? That too can help. I think
      the echo will give you the answer Maybe he didnt have it?

      I think no one on here ever has the EF of their cat and I think that is
      important. How the heart pumps have seen Sockster be pretty good and
      then in the winter his was so bad then it got better??? Unless you have
      a lot of money you can get dif answers ea time you do an echo but they
      should be sorta the same and in HCM the thickness is the problem.

      Whatever. Sockster showed NO symptoms as did My Trampster too. You
      would never know it she ran around at 17 like a kitten tell she went
      into the end and she was gone in a week. Sockster would get tired as he
      played so rough but if I hadnt gotten an echo of these guys and kept
      them on meds they would not lived Sockster to 12 and Trampster to 17.
      So if the echo show he has it get him back on antenoel (sp) and watch
      for signs of lasix needed. Mine didnt need it tell it was the end.

      I hope the echo comes out good. Thats wonderful hes back. Janie and gang