Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [FH] OZ back from vet

Expand Messages
  • moonpye
    Hi Tia again, That is so great that all of Oz s tests came back good! If his heart rate was good at the vet and no murmur was heard I might wait until the echo
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi Tia again,

      That is so great that all of Oz's tests came back good!

      If his heart rate was good at the vet and no murmur was heard I might wait
      until the echo and keep counting his breath per minutes..

      But if a murmur was heard or the heart rate was really fast and then if it
      is going to be 4-6 weeks until Oz sees the cardio, then I would probably
      start him back on his meds at a low dose..

      Best to you and Oz,
      Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar



      On 11/3/07, kimba44024 <elanonuevo@...> wrote:
      >
      >
      > His x-ray shows NO fluid build up at all. In fact, the vet said that
      > if she hadn't seen my earlier x-rays of Oz in HF, that she wouldn't
      > have known that he even has HCM. The only thing she saw upon close
      > inspection was that his arteries were a bit dilated.
      >
      > The vet is suggesting that I do not give meds. Now MIND YOU she
      > admits that she is not a cardio and has limited experience with HCM.
      > But after seeing these tests, I am almost inclined to agree with
      > her. Or do you guys think it's just wishful thinking on my part?
      >
      > Of course I will call on Monday to get an echo and cardiologist appt.
      > but it may be a while until I can get in (usually 4-6 weeks). I
      > value all opinions and /or ideas that anyone has on the "to med"
      > or "not to med" question. THANK YOU!
      >
      > Tia (and Oz)
      >
      >
      >
      >


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Sue at MAGDRL
      Tia, I know this response is a bit slow in coming, but since all his tests are normal I would keep things as they are (no meds) and wait for the vet visit.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        Tia,

        I know this response is a bit slow in coming, but since all his tests are
        normal I would keep things as they are (no meds) and wait for the vet visit.

        Hooray for you & Oz!!!


        Sue & angel Pepper


        ----- Original Message -----
        From: "kimba44024" <elanonuevo@...>
        To: <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
        Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 1:31 PM
        Subject: [FH] OZ back from vet


        > Well, this is a shock! ALL of Ozzie's tests except one came back in
        > the normal range. They've never been normal LOL. If it would be
        > useful, I do know how to scan and link to the list (not sure if
        > that's allowed so I wanted to ask first).
        >
        > His ALT came back high but the vet didn't seem concerned. A quick
        > google of this value suggest that this may signify liver damage, or
        > it also may signify he had a heart attack when he was gone for that
        > time. And if it were genuine liver damage, then it seems this may
        > have been caused by his lack of available protein in food for six
        > weeks?
        >
        > His T4 had to be sent out to a lab, so I won't know those results
        > until next week.
        >
        > His x-ray shows NO fluid build up at all. In fact, the vet said that
        > if she hadn't seen my earlier x-rays of Oz in HF, that she wouldn't
        > have known that he even has HCM. The only thing she saw upon close
        > inspection was that his arteries were a bit dilated.
        >
        > The vet is suggesting that I do not give meds. Now MIND YOU she
        > admits that she is not a cardio and has limited experience with HCM.
        > But after seeing these tests, I am almost inclined to agree with
        > her. Or do you guys think it's just wishful thinking on my part?
        >
        > Of course I will call on Monday to get an echo and cardiologist appt.
        > but it may be a while until I can get in (usually 4-6 weeks). I
        > value all opinions and /or ideas that anyone has on the "to med"
        > or "not to med" question. THANK YOU!
        >
        > Tia (and Oz)
        >
        >
        >
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.