Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

OZ back from vet

Expand Messages
  • kimba44024
    Well, this is a shock! ALL of Ozzie s tests except one came back in the normal range. They ve never been normal LOL. If it would be useful, I do know how to
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
      Well, this is a shock! ALL of Ozzie's tests except one came back in
      the normal range. They've never been normal LOL. If it would be
      useful, I do know how to scan and link to the list (not sure if
      that's allowed so I wanted to ask first).

      His ALT came back high but the vet didn't seem concerned. A quick
      google of this value suggest that this may signify liver damage, or
      it also may signify he had a heart attack when he was gone for that
      time. And if it were genuine liver damage, then it seems this may
      have been caused by his lack of available protein in food for six
      weeks?

      His T4 had to be sent out to a lab, so I won't know those results
      until next week.

      His x-ray shows NO fluid build up at all. In fact, the vet said that
      if she hadn't seen my earlier x-rays of Oz in HF, that she wouldn't
      have known that he even has HCM. The only thing she saw upon close
      inspection was that his arteries were a bit dilated.

      The vet is suggesting that I do not give meds. Now MIND YOU she
      admits that she is not a cardio and has limited experience with HCM.
      But after seeing these tests, I am almost inclined to agree with
      her. Or do you guys think it's just wishful thinking on my part?

      Of course I will call on Monday to get an echo and cardiologist appt.
      but it may be a while until I can get in (usually 4-6 weeks). I
      value all opinions and /or ideas that anyone has on the "to med"
      or "not to med" question. THANK YOU!

      Tia (and Oz)
    • jamander33
      Great news about Oz, both that he is back and what her findings are with his tests. I would wait until the echo honestly to see what the cardiologist sees.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
        Great news about Oz, both that he is back and what her findings are
        with his tests. I would wait until the echo honestly to see what the
        cardiologist sees. That is just my opinion, but that is probably
        what I would do myself. It is so weird that you are saying this
        because we had to take our cat, Griffin, to the vet today for his
        bloodwork. He is having his dental Monday and she wanted to go ahead
        and do bloodwork now, so she could put his catheter in Monday and
        start on him immediately. He is a bigtime stresser and she did not
        want to further stress him, by making him wait for test results. My
        point in telling you all of this is, upon listening to his heart,
        she said it sounded better than it ever has. She said she could
        barely hear his heart murmur, where usually it is very loud. She was
        baffled by it, I believe. Anyway, I will take what I can get. Again,
        glad Oz is back and best of luck with everything. Enjoy him! Amanda
        and Griffin
        >
        > Well, this is a shock! ALL of Ozzie's tests except one came back
        in
        > the normal range. They've never been normal LOL. If it would be
        > useful, I do know how to scan and link to the list (not sure if
        > that's allowed so I wanted to ask first).
        >
        > His ALT came back high but the vet didn't seem concerned. A quick
        > google of this value suggest that this may signify liver damage,
        or
        > it also may signify he had a heart attack when he was gone for
        that
        > time. And if it were genuine liver damage, then it seems this may
        > have been caused by his lack of available protein in food for six
        > weeks?
        >
        > His T4 had to be sent out to a lab, so I won't know those results
        > until next week.
        >
        > His x-ray shows NO fluid build up at all. In fact, the vet said
        that
        > if she hadn't seen my earlier x-rays of Oz in HF, that she
        wouldn't
        > have known that he even has HCM. The only thing she saw upon
        close
        > inspection was that his arteries were a bit dilated.
        >
        > The vet is suggesting that I do not give meds. Now MIND YOU she
        > admits that she is not a cardio and has limited experience with
        HCM.
        > But after seeing these tests, I am almost inclined to agree with
        > her. Or do you guys think it's just wishful thinking on my part?
        >
        > Of course I will call on Monday to get an echo and cardiologist
        appt.
        > but it may be a while until I can get in (usually 4-6 weeks). I
        > value all opinions and /or ideas that anyone has on the "to med"
        > or "not to med" question. THANK YOU!
        >
        > Tia (and Oz)
        >
      • moonpye
        Hi Tia again, That is so great that all of Oz s tests came back good! If his heart rate was good at the vet and no murmur was heard I might wait until the echo
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
          Hi Tia again,

          That is so great that all of Oz's tests came back good!

          If his heart rate was good at the vet and no murmur was heard I might wait
          until the echo and keep counting his breath per minutes..

          But if a murmur was heard or the heart rate was really fast and then if it
          is going to be 4-6 weeks until Oz sees the cardio, then I would probably
          start him back on his meds at a low dose..

          Best to you and Oz,
          Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar



          On 11/3/07, kimba44024 <elanonuevo@...> wrote:
          >
          >
          > His x-ray shows NO fluid build up at all. In fact, the vet said that
          > if she hadn't seen my earlier x-rays of Oz in HF, that she wouldn't
          > have known that he even has HCM. The only thing she saw upon close
          > inspection was that his arteries were a bit dilated.
          >
          > The vet is suggesting that I do not give meds. Now MIND YOU she
          > admits that she is not a cardio and has limited experience with HCM.
          > But after seeing these tests, I am almost inclined to agree with
          > her. Or do you guys think it's just wishful thinking on my part?
          >
          > Of course I will call on Monday to get an echo and cardiologist appt.
          > but it may be a while until I can get in (usually 4-6 weeks). I
          > value all opinions and /or ideas that anyone has on the "to med"
          > or "not to med" question. THANK YOU!
          >
          > Tia (and Oz)
          >
          >
          >
          >


          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Sue at MAGDRL
          Tia, I know this response is a bit slow in coming, but since all his tests are normal I would keep things as they are (no meds) and wait for the vet visit.
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2007
            Tia,

            I know this response is a bit slow in coming, but since all his tests are
            normal I would keep things as they are (no meds) and wait for the vet visit.

            Hooray for you & Oz!!!


            Sue & angel Pepper


            ----- Original Message -----
            From: "kimba44024" <elanonuevo@...>
            To: <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
            Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 1:31 PM
            Subject: [FH] OZ back from vet


            > Well, this is a shock! ALL of Ozzie's tests except one came back in
            > the normal range. They've never been normal LOL. If it would be
            > useful, I do know how to scan and link to the list (not sure if
            > that's allowed so I wanted to ask first).
            >
            > His ALT came back high but the vet didn't seem concerned. A quick
            > google of this value suggest that this may signify liver damage, or
            > it also may signify he had a heart attack when he was gone for that
            > time. And if it were genuine liver damage, then it seems this may
            > have been caused by his lack of available protein in food for six
            > weeks?
            >
            > His T4 had to be sent out to a lab, so I won't know those results
            > until next week.
            >
            > His x-ray shows NO fluid build up at all. In fact, the vet said that
            > if she hadn't seen my earlier x-rays of Oz in HF, that she wouldn't
            > have known that he even has HCM. The only thing she saw upon close
            > inspection was that his arteries were a bit dilated.
            >
            > The vet is suggesting that I do not give meds. Now MIND YOU she
            > admits that she is not a cardio and has limited experience with HCM.
            > But after seeing these tests, I am almost inclined to agree with
            > her. Or do you guys think it's just wishful thinking on my part?
            >
            > Of course I will call on Monday to get an echo and cardiologist appt.
            > but it may be a while until I can get in (usually 4-6 weeks). I
            > value all opinions and /or ideas that anyone has on the "to med"
            > or "not to med" question. THANK YOU!
            >
            > Tia (and Oz)
            >
            >
            >
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.