Re: [FH] Re:Quick advice please!

  • elanonuevo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
      In a message dated 11/3/2007 10:30:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      VickieJunger@... writes:

      Have his Bun/Crea and BG checked for sure.

      THANK YOU Vickie! What is BG, I can't remember....the bun/crea I did
      remember, and I also think just for the heck of it I want his T4 checked...I mean
      this cat is at least HALF of the weight he was at six weeks ago. I'm with
      ya...how in the world did he live? His thryoid has supposedly been checked
      before but this just doesn't make any sense. Not that I'm complaining, hehe.

      Tia (and OZ) <----it feels SO good to type that again!!!

    • moonpye
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
        Hi Tia,

        I am soooo happy that your Oz is home!! :)

        Skylar was tapered off his Atenolol and stayed off it for almost 3
        months....then he restarted it at a lower dose..
        He went off of the Atenolol because it was too strong with his other med for
        him when he first started them together.

        His murmur came back strong when he was off the Atenolol and now it can
        not be heard at all.

        Hugs to you and Oz,
        Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar

        On 11/3/07, kimba44024 <elanonuevo@...> wrote:

        > I AM a bit apprehensive about just restarting his meds, but I guess
        > I'll gauge my vet's (remember she's only been my new vet for 6 weeks
        > and I don't know how much she knows about HCM) knowledge when I see
        > her today. IS THERE ANYONE ON THIS LIST that has ever had their cat
        > miss meds and had to re-start?
        >
        > Tia (and OZ)

      • Janie
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
          Thats great about OZ. I like his name too. I dont know what he had
          maybe he had DCM? Anyway the echo will tell you the story. Thats the
          main thing to pay for when in doubt. What I found out with people,
          myself as I have DCM, is that if you take beta blockers long enough I
          take coreg which the cats take a dif one it can reverse the damage in
          the heart to make your ejection fraction even normal. In people they
          keep you on the meds as it has not been proven yet to go off them. I
          have taken them 5 yrs and now my ejection fraction is almost normal. I
          also wondered did he lose a lot of weight? That too can help. I think
          the echo will give you the answer Maybe he didnt have it?

          I think no one on here ever has the EF of their cat and I think that is
          important. How the heart pumps have seen Sockster be pretty good and
          then in the winter his was so bad then it got better??? Unless you have
          a lot of money you can get dif answers ea time you do an echo but they
          should be sorta the same and in HCM the thickness is the problem.

          Whatever. Sockster showed NO symptoms as did My Trampster too. You
          would never know it she ran around at 17 like a kitten tell she went
          into the end and she was gone in a week. Sockster would get tired as he
          played so rough but if I hadnt gotten an echo of these guys and kept
          them on meds they would not lived Sockster to 12 and Trampster to 17.
          So if the echo show he has it get him back on antenoel (sp) and watch
          for signs of lasix needed. Mine didnt need it tell it was the end.

          I hope the echo comes out good. Thats wonderful hes back. Janie and gang