: [FH] Re: Our Maine Coon---Comet (3/20/2002-10/30/2007)

  • crazycatlady
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } FLAVOR00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000 ; Please accept my condolances, too. I have told my story so many times, people on this list probably know it by heart, but here it is again.
      This past June 10, at 5 am, my beloved Twinkie, NEVER sick, always busy, happy, funny, the clown of the house, fell off the coffee table and started moaning in pain. His whole back end was paralyzed, and he was in awful pain. By the time I got him to the E vets, he was standing, but his breathing was labored, and he was shaky. They kept him (it was Sunday) but I felt and heard him calling me to let him come home. He was a Mama's boy, and he was scared. I dd bring him home, as the vets said whatever was going to happen would happen. He as so happy- purred, went to "his" places. But, he couldn't jump on anything, couldn't play, still was not breathing well, etc. At 1 am, he was paralyzed again, and in pain. His feet and legs were totally cold. He was so confused, he didn't know me. I took him back, and we decided to let him go. Now, there are people on this group who have seen their cats improve after bouts like this, and it makes me feel guilty every time I
      read their reports. BUT, that would not have been the life for my Twinkie. He would not have wanted to be poked, prodded, pilled, and he certainly would not have wanted to be an invalid.
      He is at Rainbow Bridge as sort of a "guide" to the new kitties, so Comet was met by the best of the best.
      I am sorry for your loss, but know you will see him again.
      Blessings,
      Marcia, Snowflake and Angel Twinkie