Thank you from Sylvester's Family

  • sylvestere816
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2007
      Hi everyone.
      I just wanted to send one last post to thank you all for the
      kindest words i have ever read. i just wanted to tell you a little
      bit about my boy.
      In November of 1993, i had just moved into my first apartment just
      below my mother. We were going to take a walk one day, opened the
      front door and this scrawy black and white cat just walked right in.
      i told everyone i didn't want any pets because i just moved in and
      didn't want the responsibility. He was perfectly groomed and had a
      flea collar on, but he did have a nasty scab on his tail. i let him
      in because i didn't want him wandering the streets. i took him to
      the vet the next day and the vet wanted to quarantine him for
      rabies. when i found out the procedure and where they keep them i
      took him home. He was my best friend ever since. i have broken up
      with boyfriends who didn't like cats, thrown people out of my house
      when they made comments about cats. Protected him from anyone that
      even looked at him strange. He was in perfect health for 14 years.
      Sylvester was such a trouble maker when he was younger. he was
      into everything, but it just didn't matter. he was too cute to ever
      get mad at. he was there for me through everything and when he came
      around and purred, it just made everything okay. he had the best
      personality and when my mother in law and father in law who "hated
      cats" met him, they immediately fell in love with him. he had that
      effect on a lot of people.
      i know you all know that Sylvester had more things wrong with him
      than any five cats put together but he was a fighter and wanted to
      live for as long as he could.
      I just want to thank you all for all of your help over these past 7
      months. i don't know what i would have done without your support and
      guidance when he got diabetes. You are a group of the most special
      people that anyone could know. And i thank you and Sylvester thanks
      you all for being there for us when we needed you.
      i don't have any other pets, although everyone says that won't last
      long but for now i need to try and start healing although i can't
      stop crying and my heart is aching. So i will say goodbye and wish
      you and your cat/dogs/family all continued good health and
      happiness.
      THank you again.

      Sylvester and Family.