Re: Sylvester back in hospital - not good news

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hi Jess,

      I'm thinking about you and Sylvester and sending prayers.

      Talk to your vet about giving him HCTZ (hydrochlorothyazide). It's
      another diuretic that sometimes is used in conjunction with the
      other two.

      Is Sylvester getting other supplements too, like CoQ10, DMG,
      Taurine, L-Carnitine? Reading lately about the d-Ribose, I think it
      probably wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe try that too. Here's the
      info I found last week about it. I still don't know the dose for a
      cat, I'm still looking for anything on that.

      I'm sending healing white light to you and Sylvester. I hope he can
      come through this.

      hugs,
      Carol and Angel Chris 9/6/07
      Puddy Boo Punkie MeanMama Misty Snowball and Chelsea
      (Angels Fritzy '02, Sweetie '03, Ducky '05, Bouncer '06 and
      Muffy '06)

      "I know you're there...a breath away's not far to where you are."

      http://www.raysahelian.com/ribose.html

      http://www.valenlabs.com/
      Click on the upper right corner (Corvalen family of energy
      supplements), then point to Bioenergy Ribose and click on Functional
      Food and Beverage. There's a "frequently asked questions" link,
      click on that, and you'll find a lot of info about d-ribose.

      I found this from a google search, it's a PubMed article.
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?
      db=pubmed&uid=14607200&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

      if that link doesn't work, I did a tinyurl one:
      http://tinyurl.com/33vapp

      Department of Medicine-Cardiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund-Freud-
      Street 25, D-53105, Bonn, Germany. omran@...
      Patients with chronic coronary heart disease often suffer from
      congestive heart failure (CHF) despite multiple drug therapies. D-
      Ribose has been shown in animal models to improve cardiac energy
      metabolism and function following ischaemia. This was a prospective,
      double blind, randomized, crossover design study, to assess the
      effect of oral D-ribose supplementation on cardiac hemodynamics and
      quality of life in 15 patients with chronic coronary artery disease
      and CHF. The study consisted of two treatment periods of 3 weeks,
      during which either oral D-ribose or placebo was administered
      followed by a 1-week wash out period, and then administration of the
      other supplement. Assessment of myocardial functional parameters by
      echocardiography, quality of life using the SF-36 questionnaire and
      functional capacity using cycle ergometer testing was performed. The
      administration of D-ribose resulted in an enhancement of atrial
      contribution to left ventricular filling (40+/-11 vs. 45+/-9%,
      P=0.02), a smaller left atrial dimension (54+/-20 vs. 47+/-18 ml,
      P=0.02) and a shortened E wave deceleration (235+/-64 vs. 196+/-42,
      P=0.002) by echocardiography. Further, D-ribose also demonstrated a
      significant improvement of the patient's quality of life (417+/-118
      vs. 467+/-128, P< or =0.01). In comparison, placebo did not result
      in any significant echocardiographic changes or in quality of life.
      This feasibility study in patients with coronary artery disease in
      CHF revealed the beneficial effects of D-ribose by improving
      diastolic functional parameters and enhancing quality of life.
    • jessica brandecker
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
        Hi Carol,
        Thank you for the info. He is getting coq10 and i
        just got the vetriscience today in the mail. i will
        ask about the HCTZ. i never heard of the other stuff
        but will look into it. thanks.
        jessica

        http://tv.yahoo.com/
      • Linda Irrgang
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
          You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

          Linda and Pumpkin

          _____

[...]

          http://www.raysahel <http://www.raysahelian.com/ribose.html>
          ian.com/ribose.html

          http://www.valenlab <http://www.valenlabs.com/> s.com/

          http://www.ncbi. <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?>
          nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?
          db=pubmed&uid=14607200&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

          if that link doesn't work, I did a tinyurl one:
          http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/33vapp> com/33vapp

          Department of Medicine-Cardiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund-Freud-
          Street 25, D-53105, Bonn, Germany. omran@uni-bonn.
          <mailto:omran%40uni-bonn.de> de
[...]

        • moonpye
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
            Dear Jess,

            I will be keeping you and Sylvester in my thoughts and sending prayers..

            Hugs,
            Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar