Re: Sylvester back in hospital - not good news

  • dalemcp
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      On the 28th you said the vet decreased the dosage of the lasix/spiro.
      If so, this obviously didn't help so I'd suggest increasing those
      doses. At Ewok's worst time I gave her up to 3 tabs of lasix and 3
      tabs of 1/4 tablets of spiro. I'm not sure what size tabs the lasix
      were so I'll check tonight and let you know. IMHO, increase the doses
      of those pills and see what happens. After the draw Sylvester will
      feel much better. We're still pulling for you.

      Dale A.
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
        Hi Jess,

        I'm thinking about you and Sylvester and sending prayers.

        Talk to your vet about giving him HCTZ (hydrochlorothyazide). It's
        another diuretic that sometimes is used in conjunction with the
        other two.

        Is Sylvester getting other supplements too, like CoQ10, DMG,
        Taurine, L-Carnitine? Reading lately about the d-Ribose, I think it
        probably wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe try that too. Here's the
        info I found last week about it. I still don't know the dose for a
        cat, I'm still looking for anything on that.

        I'm sending healing white light to you and Sylvester. I hope he can
        come through this.

        hugs,
        Carol and Angel Chris 9/6/07
        Puddy Boo Punkie MeanMama Misty Snowball and Chelsea
        (Angels Fritzy '02, Sweetie '03, Ducky '05, Bouncer '06 and
        Muffy '06)

        "I know you're there...a breath away's not far to where you are."

        http://www.raysahelian.com/ribose.html

        http://www.valenlabs.com/
        Click on the upper right corner (Corvalen family of energy
        supplements), then point to Bioenergy Ribose and click on Functional
        Food and Beverage. There's a "frequently asked questions" link,
        click on that, and you'll find a lot of info about d-ribose.

        I found this from a google search, it's a PubMed article.
        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?
        db=pubmed&uid=14607200&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

        if that link doesn't work, I did a tinyurl one:
        http://tinyurl.com/33vapp

        Department of Medicine-Cardiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund-Freud-
        Street 25, D-53105, Bonn, Germany. omran@...
        Patients with chronic coronary heart disease often suffer from
        congestive heart failure (CHF) despite multiple drug therapies. D-
        Ribose has been shown in animal models to improve cardiac energy
        metabolism and function following ischaemia. This was a prospective,
        double blind, randomized, crossover design study, to assess the
        effect of oral D-ribose supplementation on cardiac hemodynamics and
        quality of life in 15 patients with chronic coronary artery disease
        and CHF. The study consisted of two treatment periods of 3 weeks,
        during which either oral D-ribose or placebo was administered
        followed by a 1-week wash out period, and then administration of the
        other supplement. Assessment of myocardial functional parameters by
        echocardiography, quality of life using the SF-36 questionnaire and
        functional capacity using cycle ergometer testing was performed. The
        administration of D-ribose resulted in an enhancement of atrial
        contribution to left ventricular filling (40+/-11 vs. 45+/-9%,
        P=0.02), a smaller left atrial dimension (54+/-20 vs. 47+/-18 ml,
        P=0.02) and a shortened E wave deceleration (235+/-64 vs. 196+/-42,
        P=0.002) by echocardiography. Further, D-ribose also demonstrated a
        significant improvement of the patient's quality of life (417+/-118
        vs. 467+/-128, P< or =0.01). In comparison, placebo did not result
        in any significant echocardiographic changes or in quality of life.
        This feasibility study in patients with coronary artery disease in
        CHF revealed the beneficial effects of D-ribose by improving
        diastolic functional parameters and enhancing quality of life.
      • jessica brandecker
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
          Hi Carol,
          Thank you for the info. He is getting coq10 and i
          just got the vetriscience today in the mail. i will
          ask about the HCTZ. i never heard of the other stuff
          but will look into it. thanks.
          jessica

          http://tv.yahoo.com/
        • Linda Irrgang
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
            You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

            Linda and Pumpkin

            _____

[...]

            http://www.raysahel <http://www.raysahelian.com/ribose.html>
            ian.com/ribose.html

            http://www.valenlab <http://www.valenlabs.com/> s.com/

            http://www.ncbi. <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?>
            nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?
            db=pubmed&uid=14607200&cmd=showdetailview&indexed=google

            if that link doesn't work, I did a tinyurl one:
            http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/33vapp> com/33vapp

            Department of Medicine-Cardiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund-Freud-
            Street 25, D-53105, Bonn, Germany. omran@uni-bonn.
            <mailto:omran%40uni-bonn.de> de
[...]

          • moonpye
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
              Dear Jess,

              I will be keeping you and Sylvester in my thoughts and sending prayers..

              Hugs,
              Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar