Re: [FH] crushing spiro and lasix

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      Jessica,

      I started out crushing the lasix in Pepper's food. That worked for a long
      time until she decided that she didn't want anything mixed in her food.
      It's really important that you don't discourage them from eating.

      The spiro could be crushed & mixed in if he will eat it. There are
      different manufacturers and the one that my pharmacist got had a
      peppermint-flavored coating. Plus the spiro is very bitter. If you can get
      away with mixing it in his food, then that's great.

      I always had the spiro compounded into a liquid and used an oral syringe.

      Sue & angel Pepper