Re: [feline-heart] Introduction

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 45 , Apr 5, 2000
      >I think this a great idea to have a list dedicated to feline heart
      >problems. I spend an hour every day scanning ALT.MED.VETERINARY and
      >REC.PETS.CATS.HEALTH+BEHAVIOR for information related to HCM.

      Hi Joe,

      Welcome aboard and thanks. We have 2 cats with heart murmers and after the
      second one had an apparent reaction to his meds last week, I got desperate
      at the lack of information and started this list. I hope it will become
      teeming with knowledge like the CRF list is.

      Just so everyone knows, if you go the the Feline-Heart main page at OneList
      (egroups) http://www.egroups.com/group/feline-heart you will see a menu on
      the left. Under links I put the 2 links on HCM that I knew about. I also
      found another one called http://maxshouse.com/ that seems to have a lot of
      info. I haven't finished looking at it yet so that's why I didn't add it to
      the links yet.

      If anyone knows of any links please feel free to add them, or drop me a
      note so that I may add them for you.

      Keep us posted on the ultrasound.

      Thanks!

      Diane, List Owner
    • Elfinmyst
      Message 45 of 45 , Jul 14, 2014
        Hi

        I sent you a reply but I can't see it, so I hope you had some help over the weekend. You did absolutely everything right and getting a cardiologist and quick treatment is vital. The plavix will help to prevent clots and the lasix with the fluid. Heart disease can come out of the blue and you are now getting the treatment needed. Watch breaths, you are looking for a change in the rate or type at rest. Count for ten seconds and times by six and see what is normal when your cat is sleeping or resting , try and get a video of it. If it goes over 30, that's caution time, over 40 emergency as a rule, but any open mouth is always an emergency. Look for deeper breaths and when they pull their stomach in or any wheezing. You are in the right place here with lots of experience.

        Lyn

        www.furkids-selkirks.com:-)