Re: My beautiful Barney didn't make it

  • anglophile1962
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
      I am so sorry for your loss. I cried when I read your letter because I
      have been there before, with my dog and my daughter's baby bunny. Too
      many questions, too much hurt and a lot of anger. It is a natural part
      of grief to feel shock, then anger, then self-blame and despair and
      eventually calm. I am still angry about the treatment my dog Kaiser
      received over 12 years ago and furious still at myself for the things I
      didn't do that I should have done. All up, this helps no one especially
      yourself.
      I hope you can get through this. I don't need to tell you to have a
      good cry, you will already be doing that, but sometimes that's the only
      way to deal with it. If you feel you were not treated correctly by your
      vets, then when you are calmer and able, send them an email or note
      telling them how you feel. I never vented my anger face to face with my
      dog's killer (our vet at time ) and so I've never gotten over it. If
      you have questions, then ask until you are content with the answers.
      That's all you can do.
      Keep in touch and take care
    • amanda
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
        Hi Diane, I`m so sorry to hear of your lost, but please don`t blame yourself , I have always blamed myself too whenever I lost a cat, but really you did your best. please feel free to email the group anytime as sharing your grief with others who understand will help you get through these sad times. God bless , hugs and prayers Amanda & Silver chan.

      • Janie
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
          You poor girl Barney is well now and ok and you must think of it that
          way. I had almost the same experience. When I asked about a clot I
          didnt know about his shots and all. Speedy had had her shots and had an
          immune problem in her foot so they gave a shot of depo. She started
          panting and they said it was from the depo and I listened I had every
          test done but the echo as I didnt get it offered. She threw a clot and
          was horrible over Labor day we went to the emergency and they said I
          should put her to sleep she was so sick I did it and I wished I could
          my cats depo and I will not give it to a heart kitty as my cardiologist
          says no. I still am bothered by this from 1999. So its always in your
          head. Since your kitty started seizures too Barney sounded bad. Im sure
          you did the right thing and maybe spared him some discomfort. You will
          never know. Try to think that way and I know hes with all of our
          friends now being Barney. He misses you but wants you to help other
          friends in need. Please keep writing on this site as long as you want.
          My last heart baby passed in March and I have no heart Kittys now just
          fiv+ but I have been on here since 1999 and I cant get off. To help
          someone or give support. This is the place to write anything as most of
          us have been there and we will help you. Your in our prayers > Janie
        • sunlightjs1
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
            Hi Diane:

            I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my heart kitty to HCM a
            little over a year ago and although the situation was different I
            understand the terrible pain you are feeling completely.

            My boy was the love of my life and I truly did not know how I would
            go on. I never thought I could cry so many tears. But believe
            everyone when they say in time it gets better. It does. Sometimes
            it seems like it never will but it does. You never stop missing
            them but the pain becomes easier to bear and you start to remember
            the happy times and smile.

            Ask your doctors as many questions as you need to. Understanding
            everything that happened will help. Cry as much as you need to and
            for as long as you need to. And don't let anyone tell you that you
            should be "over it" or that Barney was "just a pet". Our kitties
            are so much more than our best friends.

            You did everything you could for Barney. He loves you and knows how
            much you loved him and he is watching over you. Look for signs from
            him and they will be there. I never believed that way before but I
            do now.

            Take care of yourself.

            Jill