Re: [FH] Patches

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 31, 2007
      Hi,

      I'm so sorry to hear about Patches. I also had a Maine Coon cat, Pepper who
      recently passed. I had another one that passed on a few years back.
      Stanley also had a clot and was paralyzed. Both had heart disease. It's so
      sad that it runs in such a great breed. They're very sweet and sociable
      cats.

      I agree with Leah's advice. If there's any concern, you should get an
      echocardiogram done by a veterinary cardiologist or an internist who has
      experience with heart disease. The test may be expensive but knowing if he
      has heart disease could give you the opportunity to treat him with
      medication to slow the onset of the disease and prevent further distress for
      your family. It also costs far less than an emergency visit.

      If you have any other questions, please let us know.

      Sue & Angel Pepper