jcee, 5/16/99 - 8/31/2007

  • tori
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2007
      I've been a participant and lurker on this list for almost six years.
      There are times when I couldn't even read the posts and had to sign
      off for a while because of my own fears and the powerful sadness of
      those who had lost their children. Well, today was the day I'd been
      dreading ever since jcee was first diagnosed in 2001. I finally had to
      let go and say goodbye to my constant companion. I'm a single woman,
      living alone, and jcee was everything to me. I think we had a pretty
      good run together considering this disease is so insidious and hard to
      diagnose. There were many tips I learned from this list that helped me
      help him extend his life, live happily, and make it even this long and
      for that I thank you (and especially the list managers) from deep
      within my own broken heart.

      Today I'm clearing out the supplements (Taurine, L-Lysine, Dandelion),
      pills (atenolol, enalipril, lasix), holisitic canned food and treats.
      If they can help anyone here struggling to pay medical costs and keep
      their beloved ones as healthy as possible please email me off list at
      tw (at) orr (dot) net. I'll send them to the first responder. If the
      need isn't critical then it's probably the best karma to allow those
      struggling financially among us to move to the front of the line. I
      figure I have about a month or two's worth of everything left,
      depending on what your doctor has already prescribed.

      I made jcee a myspacepage (http://www.myspace.com/kittyomlet) so you
      can see what he looked like. He was quite a tough boy and a fine
      example of fortitude and optimism. I loved him more than I can convey
      in simple english and I'm sure of all people in the world, its you
      folks understand that best. Hang in there.

      ::tori
    • jamander33
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2007
        Tori, I am soooooooooo very sorry about jcee. I have been in your
        shoes, and now have that constant cloud over my head of when it will
        happen with my HCM cat, Griffin. It is a tough pill to swallow and
        the sorrow is truly unimaginable. One thing that I have found
        through my 2 losses is that our hearts are big, and there are so
        many sweet, loving companions out there that need us. I am glad you
        found some help and consolation in this group. I know they have been
        a source of comfort and strength for me, since Griffin's diagnosis
        in Feb of this year. Please know we are thinking of you today. We
        all suffer the losses together. I have cried rivers for people on
        this list who have lost their babies. Thank you for sharing yours
        and jcee's story. Amanda and Griffin

      • Steve Schumacher
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
          My deepest sympathy on your loss - I'm sure my Deuce was there to meet jcee when he vrossed over the Bridge. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

        • Rose Rowley
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
            Tori,
            What a cutie jcee was! I am crying along with you for your loss. My Rufus was just diagnosed in July and I am so glad I found this group. I have received some wonderful advice and know that there will be someone here that will share my sorrow I share yours at the passing of your beloved companion.

            Rose & Rufus