1st anniversary of Zeus' death

  • webwimmin
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 28, 2007
      Remembering our beautiful, talkative, orange & white Zeus-cat today on
      the first anniversary of his death from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
      See, I can still remember this horrible disease & how to spell it.
      It's hard to believe a whole year has passed since that awful week when
      Zeus went from being stable on his meds to crashing, when no medical
      intervention helped. His little niece, Inanna, who was born just a few
      days before his death, has spent this year growing from a bratty kitten
      to a much brattier young adult cat. She never knew her uncle, but
      amazingly, has many of the same personality quirks that he did. Heaven
      help us.

      We will light a candle at Zeus' gravesite tonight and have a minute of
      silence remembering him (not that we don't remember him every day), and
      hugging his mother Persephone, his brother Apollo, and hyperactive
      Inanna. Please give your kitties a hug & kiss in memory of Zeus.

      -- Carol, Rebecca, Per, Apollo, Inanna
    • Vickie
      Message 2 of 29 , Aug 29, 2007
        Wow, can't believe it's been a yr already.

        I hope you are feeling better. It's so hard to lose a pet,
        Especially a needy pet, brings you closer together.

        Vickie
        In memory of angel Onyx 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
        Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!