Re:Keeping cats happy

  • amanda
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
      Hi, I did the same to my cats, I had lost two cats outside and decided to keep my remaining two cats inside, at first they cried and were bored, but after a few weeks they get used to it, I do let them outside in thier small kitty enclosure , but only while I am home, if I go out of the house, I lock them inside the house. I must say that their kitty enclosure certainly helps and it`s only tiny! I also take them for walks on the leash but only arround our garden. Other wise while they are indoors they like to sit by the window and look outside, and sometims I play with them. Have you tried a kitty video for them? I have never tried it, but have heard it`s quite good! good luck and hang in there!1 the first weeks are always difficult! hugs Amanda and Silver chan.

    • goldbe50
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
        I've done this and your cats will get used to being inside, eventually
        and will discover some interesting things to keep them busy. Suggest
        you hide what you want to keep for yourself.

        There are lots of silly toys for cats like the cat dancer that should
        keep them occupied for at least 2 minutes. I've never invested in
        anything like that. My furgirls are passionate about cotton swabs,
        plastic bottled water caps, little sponge rubber balls, and little
        furry mice. I keep toys inside the cat tree and they go in and get what
        they want. I'm always buying little toys for them but they always go
        back to their first loves.

        As for TV, since I got an LCD, two of my cats are just mesmerized by
        it. They seem to prefer Animal Planet (joking) but as soon as the set
        goes on, they are glued to it which is better than sitting on top with
        a tail hanging in the middle of the screen. Of course one of them likes
        a closer view. Good thing she's small. That's it, get an LCD set for
        your cats!

        Catnip. That should keep them busy for a while.

        And then there's the one who likes the computer ...

        You and your cats will adapt.

        Judith
      • Linda Irrgang
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
          A friend of mine worked during her vacation time to get money to buy an
          invisible fence for her cats...she's had it for a year now and everyone is
          delighted with it...she says that she really enjoys being able to garden
          outside with kitties in tow..and I said but what about your lost vacation
          time and she says it's a small price to pay to have kitties ourdoors with
          her and to always know exactly where they are and to be able to retrieve
          them and bring them in when she's ready to go in..

          :-)

          _____