Heart supplement trio

  • psychoforkaatz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2007
      Hi all,

      I just went out and bought a trio of supplements that I heard
      mentioned here multiple times and looked into. Josie has a heart
      murmur, an echo to follow but as yet not diagnosed with any heart
      disease. She also has IBd and mild CRF.

      I am giving her salmon oil,probiotics and feeding her Wellness
      grainfree canned and weaning her off the dry she was on. I recently
      added B12 shots which are showing improvements in her appetite and
      energy levels. I recently read that B12 deficiency can cause high
      levels of homocysteine which can cause hypertension and heart disease.
      I started her on the b12 for her IBD tho but it seems to help the
      other issues as well. Her BP is 90 BTW.

      Unfortuneately I got mixed up when I purchased her supplements and got
      CoQ10, l-carnitine and instead of the Taurine, got arganine. (I have
      been researching my own health issues so not sure if I heard of
      arganine here or elsewhere). Is arganine helpful for cats for any of
      her conditions and if so at what level? Or is it harmful or unnecessary?

      thanks for any input.

      Kendall