Re: [FH] Constipation?

  • Leah Ferron
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
      Marisa,

      I used to mix 1/8 teaspoon SEB into baby food 2x/day for Alec. He used to get really constipated from the lasix so I did it twice daily. It can also be made into a syrup and syringed. But Alec didn't mind it in his food so that was easier. Also, give it at least 1/2 - 1 hour before or after meds. It is possible that it could interfere with med absorption if given at the same time.

      Leah and her cats and Angel Alec

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007
        Thanks Leah!

        Marisa

      • goldbe50
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007
          Try www.puritan.com, Puritan's Pride for slippery elm bark. They are an
          old, old company, good reputation, mail order and online only. Also
          www.vitaminshoppe.com. Since my bottles are from Puritan, I assume they
          were the cheapest. I think 250 mg is the correct dosage for a cat. I
          know mine are too high. They were bought years ago for another cat
          (long date)and I remember having trouble getting the right dosage.

          I gave one capsule to Nessi as she is a little constipated (worked
          wonders). She sniffed and sniffed and tried to eat it! I once got
          slipper elm bark in pills, in England, maybe if I can get it that way
          again, she'll eat them.

          And if it doesn't work, it's the herbal treatment for ulcers, in
          humans.

          Judith