Constipation

  • Meo Doyne
    Message 1 of 357 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi - With the medication that I take for pain, it causes me constipation. My sister recommended that I buy some Senna leaves and make some tea. I did, and it helped me. I think I drank too much and it did cause some abdominal pain. So least is best. Anyway -- In reading The Encyclopedia of Natural Pet Care by CJ Poutinen, I learned that you can use Senna leaf for your cats as well. The instructions in the book say to add a small pinch of powdered senna leaf. Since I have the leaf instead of powder, I made a weak tea and gave Gus 1 ml of it. He liked the taste and was able to do his business as well the very same day. I just would not use this method continuously over several days. If it does not work -- I would try something else. I have used it occassionally for Gus and it has worked every time.

      Best Regard,
      Meo Doyne

      "The Greatness of a Nation and its Moral Progress
      can be Judged by the Way its Animals are Treated."
      ~ Mahatma Gandhi

      Message 357 of 357 , Aug 30
        Please be sure to trim all replies, especially all the junk that Yahoo puts on the bottom of the emails. When replies are not trimmed reading the digest can be nearly impossible. It also takes longer for emails to download for those on a dial-up connection.

        Thanks!

        Diane
        Feline-Heart List Mom