Loss and grief

  • Voula Augerinos
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 5:45 PM
      Hi all, I am sending this to the heart group as well as kittyheaven because of the recent discussion about grief and loss on the heart group. I wrote a poem a couple of years ago about my sister's horse Pip who died in tragic circumstances. One moment Pip was well and eating carrots and a little while later my sister looked over to Pip in the paddock and Pip was holding her front leg up. Pip's leg was shattered and no-one will ever know how it happened. Perhaps she fell, no-one will ever know. It was a terrible shock for my sister. Pip was my sister Margaret's first horse and once saved her life. As well as that, Pip gave my sister wings to live her dreams of working with horses and riders. She is a counsellor and works with riders in overcoming their fears of riding. I did a tribute page to Pip on my web pages and the poem is there.
      www.geocities.com/vaugerinos/Pip.html
      I hope the poem comforts anyone who has lost an animal friend too soon....
      Love, Voula.