Re: [FH] Getting a cat to do a BM ....

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2007
      Steve,

      I always found that slippery elm bark powder helped keep the stool at a good
      consistency. It's something you can add to their food or mix with warm
      water (to dissolve) and give with an oral syringe.

      My Pepper had some muscle wasting but I found that giving her salmon oil
      helped tremendously with that. I would also think that the oil would help
      to lubricate the bowels to help pass the stool. I gave about 0.25ml twice
      daily.

      There is some controversy about whether the omega oils in salmon oil are
      helpful but my personal experience is that it was a big help.

      Sue & Angel Pepper