Re: My Gus - Intro

  • Tracy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2007
      Hi Meo! I'm also dealing with an HCM + CRF + CHF kitty, Oscar. He's
      17, diagnosed CRF April '05. Oscar's been a challenge. He went into
      CHF in early February and has been on Lasix since then. He's supposed
      to be on heart meds (atenolol) for his galloping heart rythm but he
      can't (or won't!) tolerate them - stops eating, gets lethargic - have
      tried other haert meds, they don't work either. Oscar also cannot
      have fluids due to the CHF, but he drinks well. He's on a B vitimin
      supplement as well that I put in his food.

      It's quite the balancing act dealing with these issues - they need to
      stay hydrated for their kidneys but we have to manage fluid build up
      with diuretics too. Hope Gus feels better soon as get's stable.
      Oscar's been stable for about 2 months now.

      Tracy