Things I have learned since turning 30-- or am bold enough to say now

  • Cannon,Kimberly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13 7:27 AM
      1. It's not me, it's you. One time back when I was 29, I was lectured by a
      "friend" for being too needy and demanding. Why? Because I tried to nail
      her down to a definite date and time for us to go to dinner and a movie
      and got upset when she would not commit to a time or return phone calls in
      a timely manner. You know what was wrong.. me listening to her complaint
      and backing off, instead of demanding that she respect me enough to either
      set a time and date and stick to it instead of being wishy washy or simply
      saying " No, I don't want to go with you." Her problem, not mine. I
      wouldn't put up with that now. You give me the same respect and
      consideration I give you or............

      2. People that were jerks in high school are, guess what, still jerks
      10 years later. People don't change that much. They say your personality
      is completely formed by the time you are 3-4 years of age. So why are we
      expecting a complete turnaround in personality anyway. If you get off on
      being cruel and hurtful to people, you will always find a web of people to
      support that.
      3. Not to change anything about me to make other people happy. If you
      don't like me the way I am, that's jus too bad.
      4. I don't need a man or anyone else to make me happy. I'm happy with
      me the way I am. Maybe when I was 23, I thought I needed a man to make my
      life complete but not now. I have a job, I have friends, I can take care
      of myself. MY husband makes comments that people get divorced when they
      find someone "better". MY opinion, is if I was to get divorced, why in the
      heck would I want to put up with another many anyway?
      5. Everything people said about me in my 20's that I doubted is true.
      I am strong, I am beautiful, I am intelligent, kind, compassionate, and a
      survivor.