Re: Just introducing myself and Mouse

  • flyerfan@blazenet.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 9, 2001
      Lynna,

      To try and say whether you did the right thing is a really tough,
      impossible call. I made the same call with Dom 5 months ago and thank
      heavens it has worked for us so far. But, I will still admit that
      somedays I look at Dom and really think I just have to get him to the
      cardiologists for tests etc. Why, I don't know! As he is 10 times
      better now then what he was when on the drugs, tests etc. but I guess
      it was reassuring to me to have all of that great info and help at my
      finger tips. It was kind of like a security blanket for me thinking
      that I am doing everything humanly possible to help him. Without all
      of this, I can get a little shaky. But, as Linda so well put it, Dom
      is now on his own path and doing it his way. For some cats, this is
      not the answer but for Dom he was going to die from the drugs, stress
      etc. so giving him this stress free time is the best and right thing
      to do for him. Maybe not for me--but for him! LOL He hasn't had an
      asthma attack since the testing etc. stopped. We have been very
      fortunate that he has had 5 months so far after my decision and he is
      great. He now runs and jumps (he barely moved on the drugs), no
      longer hides all of the time (because he isn't afraid that we are
      taking him somewhere to a doc AGAIN!)and eats like a horse (because
      he isn't worrying about finding the drug laced food). So, it has
      worked for hubby and I and we spoke yesterday saying that regardless
      of what tomorow brings, we will not beat ourselves up with any
      outcome. He has been 1 happy, delightful cat again and I am glad that
      we gave him this opportunity. Just our opinion of course.

      I hope this works out for Sabrina too and we just use a regular vet
      now also. Mostly for the depo shot that Dom has to have to keep his
      allergies and asthma under control. He does listen to his heart too
      of course whenever he sees Dom. He gave me a list of signs to watch
      for and thankfully, I've seen none yet.

      Jeanne, Dom, Bono & Louie

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "Lynna" <lynnajane@e...> wrote:
      > Dear VVictoria,
      > Thank you for sharing. I am so sorry for your loss of Kira, just so
      > recently. You are truly special to be sharing your experience,
      strenth
      > and hope with us. Thank you so much. This helps me a great deal.
      >
      > Sabrina sees her holistic vet (who is by the way a "real" vet by
      > degree and practice, but he only does holistic treatments now)
      every