Re: [feline-heart] Enalapril

  • Helen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2000
      Jonathan wrote
      > Enacard, vasotec & Enalapril are all the same drug. I haven't heard the
      > name Cardiovet, but I'm not a drug expert, so ...

      It's the name for it in Europe - Enalapril is the drug name, I believe and
      Cardiovet is the trade name. Cardiovet seems to be the drug of choice in
      Europe for HCM. I checked out the Cardiovet website and can give the URL to
      anyone who is interested, but it is unfortunately in German....

      > Lynx has been tested twice now since being on the meds & so far his
      kidney
      > values are fine (actually better than they were when he was first tested,
      > month ago). He gets tested again in a week.

      wtg, Lynx!!

      Helen, Harpsie, Indie and Thomas

    • joe.weissmann@uc.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2000
        Tigger has been on Vasotec for over 2 years now. Started out 1.25mg &
        we've upped the dosage to 2.5mg (1.25mg x 2 day) last month. He
        tolerate the drug well & a blood test last week showed normal kidney
        function.

        - Joe W.