Re: OT - questions to ask a someone who wants to adopt a cat

  • Carole
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
      I have also heard that it is a good idea to ask for a small adoption
      fee - it may weed out the ones that aren't carefully considering their
      desire to adopt a cat. You can turn around and donate the money to
      your local animal shelter.

      Most animal shelters have online adoption applications that you can
      use as a guide although the questions just posted here are excellent.

      Good luck in finding good homes.
    • moonpye
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
        Asking for an adoption fee is a great idea!!

        Candace

        On 7/2/07, Carole <carole@...> wrote:

        > I have also heard that it is a good idea to ask for a small adoption
        > fee - it may weed out the ones that aren't carefully considering their
        > desire to adopt a cat. You can turn around and donate the money to
        > your local animal shelter.
        >
        > Most animal shelters have online adoption applications that you can
        > use as a guide although the questions just posted here are excellent.
        >
        > Good luck in finding good homes.

      • Sue at MAGDRL
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
          Emma,

          You've gotten some great responses already. The information that Linda
          suggested you ask for is pretty much what my rescue group does when they
          adopt out our great danes. The only additional thing we do is a home visit.
          It may be to your advantage to work with a local rescue group who already
          does this and let them keep the adoption fee in return for helping you find
          a good home.

          Thanks for helping our strays!

          Sue & Angel Pepper