Re: Nattokinase or aspirin?.. and Chris-Saturday

  • timbysmommy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi Carol,

      I don't have any experience with natto, but Li Li did take the baby
      aspirin (1/2 baby aspirin twice a week) and plavix (18.75 mg 1x/day).
      She did ultimately die from a clot, but may have a lot sooner if not
      for the clot prevention. She had a very large left atrium and
      apparently that posed a risk for clot formation. Every cat's risk
      profile for clots is different, although I think all HCM cats are at
      some risk for them. My vet said that they are doing clinical trials
      with aspirin/plavix/low molecular weight heparin and various
      combinations of them. Earlier data indicated that aspirin/plavix combo
      was as effective as aspirin/plavix/LMW hep, but that may change as
      these trials continue. I don't know how natto fits into the mix.
      Hopefully others will be able to comment on that, as some have
      experience with it.

      Best,

      Linda and Angel Li Li