Re: Albert's Home Again But Fading Fast

  • jamander33
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
      Sharyl, Like you, I am so happy Albert is home. Good place for him
      to be. Your dad sounds so sweet and I know Albert felt that too.
      And, yes you are so right, it can make a huge difference. It sounds
      like you are doing all the right things for him. Know that we are
      here if you need us. Thinking of you and sweet Albert, Amanda and
      Griffin

      > After 3100 miles Albert is finally home again. Going up to my
      Dad's
      > helped. At least there he was loved by everyone and had the
      entire
      > house to explore. What a different environment. My Dad carried
      him
      > into the house to show him around. And we made it back home
      again.
      > Now he is in familiar surroundings for his last days. I really
      > didn't want him dying in a strange place.
      >
      > We've been to his local vet. She recommended tweaking the meds
      and
      > fluids but there really isn't much else we can do. He is getting
      > very weak and continues to lose wt. in spite of the assist
      feeding.
      > His poor little heart is just giving out. He isn't in pain so we
      are
      > just taking it one day at a time. We were blessed with an
      additional
      > 15 months of enjoying him. Not many kitties would have put up
      with
      > all the poking and prodding by the vets and me.
      >
      > Pequita and Tiki made it through our travels OK. Though both get
      > paranoid if it looks like I'm heading to the cat carriers.
      >
      > Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to
      me
      > to have your support through this difficult time.
      >
      > Sharyl and Albert

    • moonpye
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
        Hi Sharyl,

        Sending many hugs and prayers to you and Albert...

        You are both in my thoughts...

        Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar