Re:Albert's Home Again But Fading Fast

  • amanda
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi Sharyl, My thoughts and prayers are with you and Albert, hope that his passing is peaceful, glad that he got the chance to see your dad and wonder arround the house, just give him lots of love sweet talk and gentle petting, let him know you are near and that everything is o.k, that may help him stay calm . Prayers and hugs Amanda and Silver chan.

    • jamander33
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
        Sharyl, Like you, I am so happy Albert is home. Good place for him
        to be. Your dad sounds so sweet and I know Albert felt that too.
        And, yes you are so right, it can make a huge difference. It sounds
        like you are doing all the right things for him. Know that we are
        here if you need us. Thinking of you and sweet Albert, Amanda and
        Griffin

        > After 3100 miles Albert is finally home again. Going up to my
        Dad's
        > helped. At least there he was loved by everyone and had the
        entire
        > house to explore. What a different environment. My Dad carried
        him
        > into the house to show him around. And we made it back home
        again.
        > Now he is in familiar surroundings for his last days. I really
        > didn't want him dying in a strange place.
        >
        > We've been to his local vet. She recommended tweaking the meds
        and
        > fluids but there really isn't much else we can do. He is getting
        > very weak and continues to lose wt. in spite of the assist
        feeding.
        > His poor little heart is just giving out. He isn't in pain so we
        are
        > just taking it one day at a time. We were blessed with an
        additional
        > 15 months of enjoying him. Not many kitties would have put up
        with
        > all the poking and prodding by the vets and me.
        >
        > Pequita and Tiki made it through our travels OK. Though both get
        > paranoid if it looks like I'm heading to the cat carriers.
        >
        > Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to
        me
        > to have your support through this difficult time.
        >
        > Sharyl and Albert

      • moonpye
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
          Hi Sharyl,

          Sending many hugs and prayers to you and Albert...

          You are both in my thoughts...

          Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar