Albert's Home Again But Fading Fast

  • Sharyl55
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
      After 3100 miles Albert is finally home again. Going up to my Dad's
      helped. At least there he was loved by everyone and had the entire
      house to explore. What a different environment. My Dad carried him
      into the house to show him around. And we made it back home again.
      Now he is in familiar surroundings for his last days. I really
      didn't want him dying in a strange place.

      We've been to his local vet. She recommended tweaking the meds and
      fluids but there really isn't much else we can do. He is getting
      very weak and continues to lose wt. in spite of the assist feeding.
      His poor little heart is just giving out. He isn't in pain so we are
      just taking it one day at a time. We were blessed with an additional
      15 months of enjoying him. Not many kitties would have put up with
      all the poking and prodding by the vets and me.

      Pequita and Tiki made it through our travels OK. Though both get
      paranoid if it looks like I'm heading to the cat carriers.

      Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to me
      to have your support through this difficult time.

      Sharyl and Albert
    • amanda
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
        Hi Sharyl, My thoughts and prayers are with you and Albert, hope that his passing is peaceful, glad that he got the chance to see your dad and wonder arround the house, just give him lots of love sweet talk and gentle petting, let him know you are near and that everything is o.k, that may help him stay calm . Prayers and hugs Amanda and Silver chan.

      • jamander33
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
          Sharyl, Like you, I am so happy Albert is home. Good place for him
          to be. Your dad sounds so sweet and I know Albert felt that too.
          And, yes you are so right, it can make a huge difference. It sounds
          like you are doing all the right things for him. Know that we are
          here if you need us. Thinking of you and sweet Albert, Amanda and
          Griffin

          > After 3100 miles Albert is finally home again. Going up to my
          Dad's
          > helped. At least there he was loved by everyone and had the
          entire
          > house to explore. What a different environment. My Dad carried
          him
          > into the house to show him around. And we made it back home
          again.
          > Now he is in familiar surroundings for his last days. I really
          > didn't want him dying in a strange place.
          >
          > We've been to his local vet. She recommended tweaking the meds
          and
          > fluids but there really isn't much else we can do. He is getting
          > very weak and continues to lose wt. in spite of the assist
          feeding.
          > His poor little heart is just giving out. He isn't in pain so we
          are
          > just taking it one day at a time. We were blessed with an
          additional
          > 15 months of enjoying him. Not many kitties would have put up
          with
          > all the poking and prodding by the vets and me.
          >
          > Pequita and Tiki made it through our travels OK. Though both get
          > paranoid if it looks like I'm heading to the cat carriers.
          >
          > Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to
          me
          > to have your support through this difficult time.
          >
          > Sharyl and Albert

        • moonpye
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
            Hi Sharyl,

            Sending many hugs and prayers to you and Albert...

            You are both in my thoughts...

            Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar