Re: Smokey - 08/16/1988 - 06/30/2007

  • Carole
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2007
      It is so sad to read about Smokey's passing ( I had a Smoki who passed
      in 1985 and it still brings tears to my eyes to think about her and
      how terribly affectionate she was). I think so many of us think ahead
      to the day that we will face the same decision and it certainly is not
      pleasant. I had a 19 1/2 yr old put down over 2 years ago and have
      his ashes in an urn with with photo on it and dates of birth/death.

      Saylor (HCM) is my all time favorite cat (polydactyl cat with a great
      personality and extremely intelligent) and I dread the day that I have
      to go through what you have just experienced.

      My condolences and hugs,

      Carole
    • sharcatsct
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
        Karen, I'm sending hugs your way to you and your family.
        I also let my cats have 'calling hours' when a pet passes. I think it
        helps me as much as the other cats. I had four pass between September
        and January (they were between 18 and 20 yrs old) so I can imagine
        some of what you have been going through this past year. They were so
        lucky to have you, a person with a medical background, caring for
        them.
        Shar and
        most recent kitty angels PH, Tucker, Jesse, and Max

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Made4PraiseKLD@... wrote:

        > Just wanted to let y'all know that at 11:37 this morning Smokey
        passed from this world to the next ...

        > I then brought her home so that my other kitties could say
        goodbye. ....

        I did this last September when I lost two of my other kitties, and
        knew that I had to do it when Smokey passed also.

        > Karen and Angel Smokey

      • Janie
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
          Karen Im so sorry about Smokey. You did the right thing. I too had
          Socks act that way she was like circling and she didnt kow what she was
          doing. Well Smokey is now running and playing and trying to tell you
          Mom dont cry too much Ill see you soon. You heard that story to bring
          your cats home on this link. I myself learned the hard way and after
          everyone died we bring them back to say good bye it saves a lot of
          looking.
          Keep writing it helps it still hurts. Janie