Anabolic steroids in early cardiomyopathy

  • helen stone
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2007
      Dear All,
      I'm sorry I havent updated in a while things are much the same with Anna, still on partial assist feed but she does have an appetite which I'm very grateful for.
      Slight worry here, I took her for her first B12 shot yesterday and the vet told me afterwards he'd mixed it in with some anabolic steroid which they give to crf cats over here apparently. I slightly panicked at this but realised it's in and nothing to be done.
      Anna today by the afternoon had fairly fixed dilated pupils more than usual, some reaction to the earlier light, I just checked her heart rate and it's gone up to 240 bpm at rest as opposed to her more usual 200 bpm. So, I'm concerned to say the least and wondering if anyone else with heart kitties with kidney issues has dealt with this drug before?
      Much love,
      Yours in worry,
      Helen