Re: [FH] Li Li is home--unbelievable

  • moonpye
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6 9:27 AM
      Hi Linda and Li Li,

      So happy to hear such wonderful news!! :) I'm so glad Li Li is happy and
      well and back at home!!

      Purrs and Hugs,

      Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar

    • Penny Branham
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6 12:39 PM
        Dear Linda and Li Li;

        That is just the best news I have had all day. My heart is just bursting with happiness for you two. The next few days you will cherish.

        Snowball was given a reprieve prior to his passing, and it made the difference for both of us.
        We enjoyed it to the max.

        I don't know LiLi's age - she might be given more than a short reprieve. I am constantly wondering why Lance Armstrong's (marathon bicycler) extra large heart has been a plus for him and not a minus. Doctors have attributed his large heart with his extra capacity for endurance.

        I have heard the hctz has had great results with others as well. Oh, I am so relieved for you right now. Keep us all posted and let us know your joys and sorrows. It helps us with ours and the more we all learn the better off we are.

        God bless you.

        Penny and Angel Snowball

        timbysmommy <timbysmommy@...> wrote:
        Hi all,

        Thank you all so much for your posts and encouraging emails--the
        people on this board are just amazing in your support and
        compassion. I am truly lucky to be getting to know all of you.

        I am floored--after preparing myself basically to put her down
        tonight or tomorrow (I even called the crematory), the vet called
        this morning and said she had been out of oxygen for several hours
        and was doing well. He wanted her to come home. I asked him straight
        out if it was time to euthanize in his opinion, and he said that he
        thought she could have some quality of life. The amount is unknown
        because apparently none of the vets have seen a heart as huge as
        hers before (one vet used the term "ginormous"), so we are all
        charting new territory in terms of end stage CHF. She has been home
        for 5 hours. She has eaten 4 times and has been medicated twice. She
        is breathing very comfortably. The oxygen is set up so if she needs
        it, we can pop her in her crate. I know we might not have much time,
        but I am going to spoil her to bits while I have her. DH and I have
        agreed that she will not be hospitalized again. If she can't be
        stable with all her meds and home oxygen support, then it probably
        will be her time. The HCTZ really seems to be helping, at least for
        now. They want to recheck her in a week for kidney values and maybe
        an xray to check for fluid.

        I am still in shock. I have been crying for the past 2 days thinking
        she would not be coming home from the hospital. I know it's going to
        happen, but if we can have a few more weeks (or more if possible)
        with her, that would be so great, not just for us, but for her. She
        is so happy to be home!

        Linda and Li Li

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7 5:07 AM
          Wow this is great news! I`m so happy to hear that she is home and doing good!! prayers and hugs Amand and Silver chan.