Li Li time may be short--in hospital

  • timbysmommy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
      Hi all,

      After a brief period of stability, Li Li has been hospitalized twice
      this week. The first for 2 days of oxygen and an increase in lasix
      and spiro. After 4 days at home, she had to go back in because of
      labored breathing. She has been in oxygen for 3 days and can not be
      out for more than a few minutes. Our last attempt at saving her life
      is going to be one more increase in lasix and add a third diuretic
      (HCTZ). I have also purchased an oxygen concentrator. If she only
      needs brief boosts, this will work, but if she cannot live outside
      of oxygen for any length of time then she won't be able to come home
      from the hospital. She has had a good but short life, and I don't
      want her to spend too much more time in the hospital. She is getting
      upset now and wants to come home. The irony is that she just had an
      echo and the cardiologist saw some improvement in her condition. I
      don't understand how this could have gone so bad so quickly. They
      can't hear much fluid and there is no fluid on x-ray. I don't
      understand how she can have so much trouble breathing from fluid
      than they can't even find. I really think she might be near the end.

      I really thought there was going to be more time.

      Linda and a very sick Li Li
    • Leah Ferron
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2007
        Linda,

        I am so sorry to hear about Li Li. I know the HCTZ really helped a few kitties in the group that were battling the breathing issues. I wonder what is causing the trouble if her lungs are clear? Is it clear outside her lungs too? Did they say? My thoughts and prayers are with you both. You are such a good kitty mommie!

        Leah and her cats and Angel Alec