About Lasix Dosing....

  • Sandy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      It was mentioned that Lasix lasts 6 hours, but I want folks to know
      that it depends on the cat and the effect it has on him/her. I have
      to work during the day and often don't get home until 5:00 PM, so I'm
      gone for over 8 hours and I'm unable to give Ziggy another dose until
      then. He seems to handle it well (so far at least). I see no
      difference in his respiratory patterns when I come home at night.

      When he was first diagnosed, I constantly worried about not being
      able to give him his dose earlier, however it's worked out fine and
      now I'm much more relaxed about it.

      Ziggy is still hanging in there. He's had a good appetite and I give
      him extra water whenever possible. He had a couple days last week
      when his appetite waned, so I went to the Pet Store to buy Nutrical
      on my way home from work. By the time I got home his appetite was
      back again, so I didn't need to use the Nutrical. I think he had a
      tummy upset from the CQ10. I took him off it for a couple of days
      and he's eating normally again. I plan on reintroducing it gradually
      to him and find a dose that works.

      Thanks to everyone here for all the great advice!

      Sandy and Ziggy