thank you

  • Sara
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2007
      Lisa (and others!),
      Wow - this is a great group. I have already received several
      messages from other members welcoming me and giving me some advice.
      I appreciate it all. This is such a difficult thing to go through.
      So many mixed emotions and questions in my mind. I am trying not to
      obsess about her condition by checking in on her constantly, counting
      her resp rate every 5 minutes, and wondering if she is walking weird
      or acting strangely at all (granted - it's only been a few days since
      her diagnosis!). She is resting comfortably now and I will attempt
      to focus on something else.

      I will look into the diet and supplements that have been
      recommended. I have another appt with the cardiologist this Friday
      to check her blood again (I go to the vet school at the University of
      Florida) and will ask more questions.

      I am just trying to take one day (more like one minute...) at a time
      right now. I know that I can't love her any more than I already do -
      like we all do.

      In reading everyone's stories, I realized that our cats are pretty
      lucky to have such loving human animals in their lives.

      Take care,
      Sara
    • calebmylove
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2010
        Hi, I want to thank everyone who sent me their condolences for the passing of my Caleb. I was able to pick up his ashes today and that is somewhat comforting having him home again. We are putting together a photo collage to remember him. We really miss him but with our two girls, the pain is getting less and less each day. My husband and I have even spoke of one day adopting another birman. It is really unfortunate though that so many cat breeds have so many health issues. We were just saying last night how wonderful and loving our boy was, that like other cats, he didnot deserve to have such a debilitating body. He was such a special boy and showed us in so many ways. We especially miss being able to cuddle with him, as we often did and called him our little baby bear. He was particularly attached to my husband. And you have to understand that his attachment bordered on obsession. Well, we joked about it that way. My husband is a very very loud snorer. This didn't bother Caleb. He'd lie on my husband's stomach and fall asleep. In fact, I'd often walk into the bedroom and find the two of them sleeping and snoring together. They were quite the pair. I hope one day we can open our home to another special boy and have more special moments like we did with our boy Caleb. Thank you again to everyone who passed along kind words, stories and advice on getting past this difficult time. It was an enormous help and I greatly appreciate it. Take care of yourself and your kitties extra special during this holiday weekend. Cynthia