Re: [FH] CoQ10 - how high dose have you tried?

  • Lisa Clarizia
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
      Alice --

      Coenzyme q10 is basically non-toxic. It's what the FDA calls GRAS --
      generally recognized as safe -- which is the same thing they apply to table
      sugar :) Coenzyme q10 is abundant in flesh and certain organ (hearts!)
      foods, which cats are designed to eat.

      The upper dose is probably around 200 mg, my Baby Boy got that, and it's
      only an upper dose because anything more than that is just not going to be
      absorbed. You can safely increase his dose.

      Lisa

    • adawson1971@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
        I don't know what the upper limit is, but my cat was on 75mg per day. My vet
        said I could give him the 100mg pills if I couldn't find the lower dose. What
        wasn't used would simply be excreted by the body he said.

        Annette