My Best Feline Friend Koko

  • Lorraine Gray
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2007
      I had a wonderful visit with Koko last night 5-30. She cuddled with me, purred and really enjoyed being out of her cage. I was with her from 6 until midnight. This morning I received a call from the vet with news her Bilibrium had skyrocket and I had discovered her jaundiced last night. The believed there was duct blockage or a liver tumor. I first agreed to a liver biopsy and Jpeg feeding tube and left work to go to the vet to kiss her before she went into surgery. The vet called soon after beginning the surgery to tell me Koko had a tumor blocking her bile ducts and it could not be resected. They closed and put her on morphine. I went after work and held her, cuddle her, talked with her and went down memory lane over and over again. I kept her until the anesthetic began to wear off and there was evidence of pain even with the morphine. She opened her eyes when I would talk to her and would sing to her in a soft voice as I often did at bedtime. She rested her paw and head on my hand between holding times. At approximately 9pm. I held Koko in my arms as she peacefully passed away. I've cried many tears over the last week, month and to some extent worried myself silly the last 2 years after I nearly lost her. I can't imagine life without her........she's been a part of my life for 17.5 years and I hers. This final separation is beyond true realization. I have had cats, I will have cats, but Koko is "THE CAT." I can't say goodbye, I can only say, Thanks.

      I'm so sad.

      Lorraine Gray
      elgcats@...

    • jamander33
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
        Lorraine, I am very, very sorry about Koko. My deepest sympathies go
        to you today. 17.5 yrs. is a wonderful lifespan to celebrate. I know
        you have peace that you were with her when she passed. You are a
        precious mother. It has been a sad couple of days with Nala's
        Cozette passing and now Koko as well. I will keep you in my prayers.
        That was a beautiful memoriam that you wrote on Koko's behalf. And,
        you do not have to say goodbye. You can write to us as much as you
        want. Sincerely, Amanda and Griffin