Re: [FH] New to the list - hyper-t cat with heart murmur / syringe feeding

  • Leah Ferron
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2007
      This was meant for the group too.

      lismgreen25 <lismgreen25@...> wrote: Leah,

      Thank you very much for your detailed response - to those of you who
      were able to respond, I really do appreciate the feedback.

      Alice is having an echo done by a feline cardiologist on Friday
      morning. There were no x-rays taken at the Animal Med. Ctr. and it was
      the hospital vet who detected the murmur, not the initial vet who
      examined her when she went in for her check-up. The regular vet said
      her heart was beating rapidly, however, he was unsure whether it was
      due to the stress of being at the vet's or other.

      Alice does not seem to have heavy or labored breathing (she makes
      little noises when she's breathing - like someone who is congested
      with a cold - but this is something she has had for many years, almost
      like snoring a bit. :-)

      We are on day two of syringe feeding; although it's difficult I know
      ultimately we are only helping her. She was slightly more animated
      today, however, after the tapazole dose (which we had stopped for
      about 3 days or so), she is now even more lethargic. I do recall that
      the hospital vet said that her lab work revealed she had hypo
      thyroidism, however, this was attributed to being sick. The regular
      vet said yesterday to put her back on tapazole, however, since we had
      100 questions, we didn't get the t-4 #'s: the lab work done on
      Thursday, and the lab work done on Sunday when she was admitted to the
      hospital.

      Thank you again -- so much.

      Best,
      Lisa