RE: [FH] A Time of Uncertainty

  • Linda Irrgang
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29 9:38 AM
      Dear Koko is in our thoughts.

      Linda and the boys

      _____

      From: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com [mailto:feline-heart@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Lorraine Gray
      Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 10:34 PM
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FH] A Time of Uncertainty

      I just left the Intensive Care Unit where KoKo was admitted at 6 P.M. today.
      Her heart diagnosis was cleared on Monday, but she was diagnosed as having
      laryngeal hemiplegia and laryngeal edematous which likely caused the
      symptoms indicating heart disease/failure. KoKo then was vet every day this
      week except Wednesday for breathing obstruction, febrile, infection and
      apparently the fasting for the cardiologist work-up, in addition not eating
      the day of surgery then vomiting today has added the dread of Hepatic
      Lipidiosis. She has some concerning areas in her liver not associated with
      HP and there may be gallbladder concerns. Although diagnostically not
      confirmed KoKo is being treated for pancreatitis as well as a precaution.
      Blood is being processed and review of the ultrasound is also being
      requested. KoKo is resting on IV drip, anti-nausea IV meds, and will have
      her first syringe feeding anytime. She has a huge sign over her area she is
      not to have any metacam. KoKo is Shadow's mom whom I lost 6 months ago
      today. KoKo is 17.5 years old and is a cat that I'm as much cat to her as
      she is human to me. My heart is heavy if not broken. Please keep KoKo in
      your thoughts......the next minutes to hours are critical.

      Thanks,

      Lorraine

      Lorraine Gray
      elgcats@mchsi. <mailto:elgcats%40mchsi.com> com