Re: Pumpkin's renal profile

  • Lynna
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 7, 2001
      Linda,
      Pumkin is going to pick up on your stress and that isn't good for
      him. Try and calm down. Pum has no problem with what is happening -
      animals are really ok with death.

      Testing and retesting for no reason is no good for Pumkin. Just try
      and stabalize and let things sit for a while. Sometimes doing nothing
      is the hardest thing to do - but the RIGHT thing to do.

      So calm calm calm...all the tears in the world don't change the facts
      and I know how you must feel. Oh God do I think I know...but try and
      be brave for Pum's sake right now. He needs his Mommy strong.
      We are here for you....I know it's so hard sweetie...hang in there.
      Lynna

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "Mike & Linda Irrgang" <irrgang@a...> wrote:
      > hi diane, thx for wirting back...i am just so devasstated abou the
      poor
      > pumpkin....i am going to take a tylenol pm and go to bed now with
      pum and
      > pet him alot while we both go to sleep...i have just been crying all
      day
      > long and am exhausted....i still remember you and kearra so well
      when kearra
      > was having a hard time....oh god, all our poor babies...it seems so
      awful to
      > watch them leave us one after the other....i've watched so many go
      at this
      > site and i always dread the day when it'll be pum's time....
      >
      > the vet said to discontinue the enalapril and have him retested in a
      few
      > wks...he said that his levels should all go back to normal....i can
      only
      > pray and pray and pray.
      >
      > thank you for writing.....pls keep the good words flowing.
      >
      > linda

      Enalapril?) a
      > year before she died and 3 weeks before she died her dosage was
      upped (she
      > was originally only taking half the dosage for the first year)
      >
      > Her kidney levels were tested one month after she started it and
      they were
      > fine.
      >
      > We never made it to the one month time when she went to full dose.
      (and
      > would you believe I still feel guilty that I hadn't yet made that
      > appointment for her, I had forgotten?) :(
      >
      > I don't believe the Enecard had anything to do with her death, if
      you
      > recall it was a blood clot that paralyzed her back end and she went
      into
      > heart failure while we were at the vet.
      >
      > Just my dumb luck I guess. She never showed any signs at all, no
      tiredness,
      > no wheezing, no fluid in lungs..... <sigh> .... it's still
      painful.

      > I would try to get some fluids into Pumpkin and maybe different
      foods? And
      > have him retested in a few weeks.
      >
      > IMHO,
      >
      > Diane