Free meds

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2007
      Hi,

      This is from my great dane rescue group. If anyone can use some of these meds, please let me know. See the list below.

      Sue & Angel Pepper

      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2007
        In addition to Bella's bloodwork last week, the vet also wanted to check her urine. Unfortunately, Bella is tiny, and the vet said her bladder was too small for her to get a sample at the office. I tried the no-sorb pellets this evening with no success. Bella has "held it" for as long as a five-hour car ride, so I know we are having a battle of wills. I don't want to stress her (and therefore her heart) by locking her in the bathroom until she goes. If I have her in my bedroom with me, her brother shakes the door incessantly until he's let in. Any tips?

        Thanks,

        Eden

      • Barbara Kraus
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2007
          I once had a cat who wouldn't use the no-sorb pellets. I left the pellets
          in the box and had a box liner full of litter at hand. After I heard her go
          to her box twice in quick succession (checking to see if there was litter in
          it rather than the hated pellets but refusing to pee in the pellets), I put
          the liner full of litter in the box, held a baggie under her butt, and she
          went immediately.

          Another way I've had success is to keep some baggies next to the box. When
          the collection tool was close at hand, I was surprised at how easy it was to
          get a sample. It might take a day or two but no longer than that since part
          of you is always keeping an eye out for signs of an impending pee.

          Best of luck...

          Barbara

          Message 4 of 6 , May 15, 2007
            The way I got a sample was to note when my cat visited the litter tray - I found he almost guaranteed to use it shortly after breakfast and I found by keeping a deep plastic lid close by I could simply place the lid under his bottom and collect the sample as he urinated. He gets so engrossed when urinating he just does notice.

            Good Luck

            Rob

            <<n addition to Bella's bloodwork last week, the vet also wanted to check her urine. Unfortunately, Bella is tiny, and the vet said her bladder was too small for her to get a sample at the office. I tried the no-sorb pellets this evening with no success. Bella has "held it" for as long as a five-hour car ride, so I know we are having a battle of wills. I don't want to stress her (and therefore her heart) by locking her in the bathroom until she goes. If I have her in my bedroom with me, her brother shakes the door incessantly until he's let in. Any tips? >>

          • Leah Ferron
            Message 5 of 6 , May 15, 2007
              Eden,

              This method has always worked for me - put Saran wrap over the litter. You may have to lay a few pieces over it to cover the whole box and then some. Make sure the pieces are sealed together. Then just wait for Bella to go in there. It works because they can see the litter since the Saran wrap is clear and they can still feel the litter and dig a little. After she goes, it will be puddled on the Saran wrap and you can pour it into a container.

              Leah and her cats and Angel Alec

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 21, 2014
                Hi all, I no longer post as my HCM boy (since 2006), Moto, was diagnosed with oral cancer July of last year. He is here with me as a blessing everyday, I am grateful he is still here but months ago I made the decision to stop medicating him with his 8 pills twice a day as his tumors in his mouth grew larger and larger, his pill taking became harder, he gagged a lot. Eating food he manages not to gag bc he eats that willingly, but pills became so unpleasant and unwilling I didn't want that for him any longer and unfortunately oral cancer usually means a year or less, so I consider myself lucky to still have him.I am finally ready to let go of his pills.I have somewhere around 60 5mg benazepril, 16 75mg clopidogrel, 90 25mg spironolactone and somewhere I have his lasix, 12.5mg.I need to do this before he passes and before meds go bad. So please email me at coleryan86@... if you can use these.Nichole Ryan