Re:Input on Beta blockers

  • Janie
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2007
      Beta Blockers slow your heart rate down and lower your blood pressure.
      Our cats have taken them once a day. Some do twice a day most once. I
      saw no difference in my two who took it. It can make you tired but
      sometimes it takes awhile to get used to them., It also helps with with
      keeping your heart beating normal arrhythmia . I take them myself so I
      know how they can make you feel. They help you stay alive with this
      disease they protect your heart. It slows your heart rate so it will
      last longer Janie
    • Emma
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2007
        Hello,

        My Ralphie is on 6.25 mg of Atenlol once a day. He has HCM with
        obstrustion, but totally asymptomatic. He was diagnosed 1 year and
        2 months ago, and has been on the meds that long, with no side
        effects whatsoever. Except that his heart rate has slowed to a
        theraputic level. He however, has not slowed down at all.

        Good luck to you,
        Emma