FW: KMR products not on recall per company.

  • mfortner@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2007
      This rumor has been floating around...

      To: FIVCats2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FIVCats2] Fwd: FW: KMR products not on recall per company.
      Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 03:22:48 +0000

      PLEASE CROSSPOST RESPONSIBLY AND IN ENTIRETY

      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2007
        Just want to mention that from what I have read, "US
        supplier" or "US sourced" doesn't really mean
        anything. The two companies currently in question for
        reselling product purchased from China are US
        suppliers. A company could say that their ingredient
        was "sourced" in the US when purchased from a US
        supplier. Furthermore, just because the ingredient
        didn't come from one of the two US companies currently
        being investigated, it doesn't mean that other
        suppliers aren't also importing adulterated
        ingredients from China, India, countries of the former
        Soviet Union or other places where oversight might be
        lacking or corruption is prevalent.

        I think the important information to have is the
        country of origin of a particular ingredient.
        However, that information may be something that the
        pet food distributors who have given up manufacturing
        control of their product to a contractor may not have
        ready access to.

        Perhaps most important question has become whether or
        not a companies products are being routinely tested
        for melamine and melamine related compounds such as
        cyanuric acid and if not, why not, and when will they
        start? Tests for quality control could be anything --
        it could be a "taste" test, it could be a
        protein/fat/mineral contetn test, it could test for E.
        coli, Salmonella, and aflatoxin. It is unlikely that
        it would be a test for melamine unless it is a test
        that was just recently instituted.

        Best,

        Nala

        http://mail.yahoo.com