Wellness, Felidae or EVO????????

  • jamander33
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      Hi all, Oh my goodness I am still questioning which food to choose. It
      is not as easy for me to rotate Griffin's food choices because of his
      super sensitive digestive system. So, I am trying to make a sound
      choice and stick to it. I keep hearing that a grain free diet is so
      important in this day and age, so I think I am set on the Wellness,
      only to hear that it is made by Menu and to also hear of their
      continual evasiveness. And, then I steer toward Felidae and that
      sounds great. And, I am told that it is a great balanced food for an
      indoor cat. However it is not a grain free diet. So, then I inquire
      about the EVO, and the holistic cat food store owner tells me that it
      is also a great diet. But, it is really high in protein and more fat
      content than the others, more like a raw diet. Without talking to my
      vet, I am not sure. But, I think I remember the vet cardiologist
      saying to be careful with too much protein and/or fat in a heart
      kitties diet. Am I understanding that correctly? I know there are
      members here that use the Felidae. It sounds like that may be the best
      one right now. Is it ok that it is not a grain free food? Would the
      EVO be too protein rich for a heart kitty? HELP!!! Amanda and Griffin