Re: [FH] CATCARE: The Truth (maybe) about Wellness Canned

  • mfortner@att.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 11:45 AM
      -------------- Original message from Sara <sara5266@...>: --------------
      > Actually I may check out EVO too - does anyone know if extra supplementation is
      > needed? Thats one of the things I liked about Wellness, it already has all the
      > basic supps nothing extra is needed.

      EVO is a complete diet - just like Wellness. I've fed the dry EVO in the past and the cats loved it! The canned version just recently came on the market.

      Here's their web site - http://www.evopet.com/products/

      --
      Marge, Sugar, Spice (HCM), Creamsicle, Callie. and Sammy
      Bridge Kitties Felix and Oscar
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1 2:16 PM
        Hi Sara,

        In a message dated 5/1/07 2:33:29 PM, sara5266@... writes:

        > Actually I may check out EVO too - does anyone know if extra
        > supplementation is needed?

        Not needed in terms of meeting the AAFCO guidelines for a complete diet.
        Whether your individual cat needs supplementation for some reason...or whether the
        AAFCO guideline is adequate...is another issue.

        >    Thats one of the things I liked about Wellness, it already has all the
        > basic supps nothing extra is needed.

        There are, actually, very few canned foods on the market that need
        supplementation (again, per the AAFCO guidelines). Wysong and Evanger's come to mind.
        And they will be marked "for supplemental feeding only" or similar. Some of them
        are obvious, b/c they are also marked 100% or 95% meat. // Rosemary

      • Sara
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2 6:22 AM
          This is the statement from their website that threw me off -

          "EVO is the perfect supplement to raw and homemade diets. Or, as an alternative when this type of preparation may not be convenient or possible."

          It doesnt exactly say its safe to use alone, mention "supplementing" a raw diet or using when raw isnt possible? Oh well, I'm decided against it with all the fish, salt, etc not good for my FLUTD boy.

          > Actually I may check out EVO too - does anyone know if extra
          > supplementation is needed?

          Not needed in terms of meeting the AAFCO guidelines for a complete diet.
          Whether your individual cat needs supplementation for some reason...or whether the
          AAFCO guideline is adequate...is another issue.

          > Thats one of the things I liked about Wellness, it already has all the
          > basic supps nothing extra is needed.

          There are, actually, very few canned foods on the market that need
          supplementation (again, per the AAFCO guidelines). Wysong and Evanger's come to mind.
          And they will be marked "for supplemental feeding only" or similar. Some of them
          are obvious, b/c they are also marked 100% or 95% meat. // Rosemary

          Yahoo! Groups Links