Re: [FH] OMH - Wellness Grainless Foods

  • mfortner@att.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2007
      -------------- Original message from Sara <sara5266@...>: --------------
      >Thats why they specified the Emporia plant. I know I read it on their site >somewhere, they might have removed it. I've also read from numerous boards >inlcuding Holisticat that Wellness is made at Menu, though it may not be at the >poisoned plant. Its a big debate on alot of other boards whether or not to stick >with it, since its made at Menu and I'm sure Wellness is trying to downplay the >fact that they use them, regardless of how many types of their canned food is made >there. I know some who are staying with it and they are still fine, and others >who are ditching because of the association with Menu, its all personal choice.

      I am switching after I read the information below yesterday - ANI is worse than Menu! THey are the ones that were adding rice protein to canned food without authorization (supposedly) by the companies for whom they were making their food!

      I'm going to try EVO canned food - they are made by Menu also but, based on the message on their web site <http://www.evopet.com/about-natura/news.asp?id=16>, at least they are telling the truth voluntarily without having it dragged from them by consumers!

      <http://www.itchmo.com/read/mulligan-stew-and-canine-caviar-dog-food-recalled_20070427#comments>

      tinydogsrule Says:
      April 27th, 2007 at 9:36 pm
      blkcatgal~

      I agree about locating the ANI products, especially after talking with them.

      I spoke with both Wellness AND ANI today and here are the results:

      WELLNESS: While slow to disclose, Wellness did say after I asked the same, direct querstion over nd over and over that that they use do use both ANI and Menu for their canned foods, however, the FDA 'inspected the plant' and has not placed their canned foods on the recall list.

      ANI: They cannot say for a fact that they will not continue to get product from China ( altho they are not at the time being) nor are they planning to test for melanine unless the FDA MAKES IT A REQUIREMENT TO DO SO ( emphasis mine).

      Company Information (Address and Contact)

      American Nutrition Inc.
      735 N. Park St. Unit E
      Castle Rock, CO. 80109

      Toll Free: 800-454-3724
      Land Line: (303) 688-7755

      FAX (303) 688-7742

      Marge, Sugar, Spice (HCM), Creamsicle, Callie. and Sammy
      Bridge Kitties Felix and Oscar
      Kitties at <http://new.photos.yahoo.com/owkitty/albums/>