Re: [FH] Saying Good-bye to Yoda.

  • Margaret Dent
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007
      Dear Leah and everyone else on the list,

      Thank you all for your heartfelt messages. You have all brought me great comfort and just knowing there are others who understand what I'm going through makes me feel better. I have cried so much in the last few days I'm tired of crying. I keep expecting to see Yoda in his usual hangouts and then it's such a shock to realize he won't ever be there again. But I also have some glad news.

      Yesterday I was thinking of the whole process we went through and even though I knew I made the right decision, I worried whether he understood what I had to do. So in my heart I asked Yoda to tell me that he was OK with that.

      He came to me last night. I had a dream, early in the morning, that I was sitting in my chair and watching TV, the chair I always sat in with him. Out of the blue, he jumped onto my lap. I knew he wasn't supposed to be there so it surprised me but then I understood - he was so beautiful! Strong, sleek, healthy and happy looking! He head-butted me and proceeded to knead the heck out of my chest, drool and purr his heart out. And then I woke up.

      I know it was him telling me it's ok, that he understood. And it has eased some of the pain. IT's good to know my little guy is somewhere where he is happy and healthy...

      I will stay on the list but will take a bit of a break. It's still very hard to read about other kitties having the same problems.

      Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart,

      Margaret and Angel Yoda.

      Leah Ferron <leahandhercats@...> wrote:
      Oh Margaret,

      I just read your email from Friday. Tears are hiting my keyboard as I write my most sincere condolences. I know how hard you and Yoda fought this ugly disease. It is too often where the will is strong but the body is not for our little kitties. The fight becomes too much. They do let us know when they can do no more.

      I am so sorry to welcome you to the other part of our feline heart group, the "angel group." It is a big group and has the most distinguished heroes. No one wants to join but eventually everyone does. It is a group that understands beyond anything, the pain and sorrow of being in the group. But with time, you see that being in the group means that our heroes no longer have to fight to breathe or are in pain. Our angel heroes are flying high above the Bridge with all those that have passed before them.

      I wish I could say some magic words to help heal your wounds of loss but, alas, there are none. Only time can do that. It does get better but I remember vividly the seemingly endless sorrow that comes so quickly at their passing.

      Be kind to yourself in your grief. Yoda was worthy of every tear and in time, every smile when you remember all the funny stuff he used to do. My deepest condolences to you. You did all you could! Please let me know if I can be of any help to you in your grief.

      Leah and Angel Alec

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.