Update on Abu - Pimobendan

  • tlpwtm1
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2007
      For those of you tracking Abu's progress on Pimobendan, he went in for
      a chest xray/tap Friday night. NO fluids. His previous taps were
      March 12 and April 6, with another one expected last Friday.

      We are doing bloodwork tonight to check the BUN and creatinine levels,
      which were quite high right before we started the Spironolactone.

      There was noticeable change in Abu's behavior within a day of starting
      the Pimobendan: more active, more playful, swipes at the other cats's
      tails as they walk by -- and he wakes me up several times a night for
      attention. This past week has been unbelievable.

      He is, however, a walking chemical dump: Enalapril, Furosemide,
      Plavix, Spironolactone, baby aspirin, and Pimobendan. I also picked up
      some CoEnzyme Q10, per this list.

      Susan (and Abu the Amazing One-Eyed Aby)
    • Leah Ferron
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2007
        Susan,

        Wonderful news! That is excellent. I hope the blood tests come back better this time. As far as the chemicals - whatever works is my philosophy!

        Leah and her cats and Angel Alec